"Siobhan Leonard found her ideal inner landscape in forests. When she heard Suzanne Simard’s talk on the complexity of forest ecology, in which she argues that the forest bears comparison with neural and social networks, something clicked with her. She realized she had found her subject. The beautifully flowing, interwoven patterns of her paintings embody the collective nature of both forests and human communities" - Aidan Dunne, Irish Times Visual Arts Critic
Drawing attention to environmental concerns in an intimate and local level, referring to ecology and poetry. I consider the elements of what are essential in my painting, that is, what are the core elements that are needed to communicate the necessary understanding. Recognising the feminine throughout by use of colours and organic lyrical motifs.
- Highlanes Gallery - We are here
A curatorial collaboration of artists and teachers with arts works and moving image selected from the British Arts Council and the Irish Arts Council.
-Cork Arts Office - Frameworks
Artist facilitation of art workshops in response to county council selected paintings.
- Cahir Arts Gallery, Cahir, Co. Tipperary
- Affordable Art Fair in London - Hampstead represented by Bowlish Art Gallery.
- 'Belonging' a curated exhibition with Pat Fitspatrick, Will O'Kane and Dermot McNevin at the Source Arts Centre, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.
- 'Bealtaine' at The Source Arts Centre , Thurles, Co. Tipperary
- 'Art Source 2013, RDS, Dublin
- European Commission exhibition in The LEX building in Brussels.
Celebrating the Irish Presidency of EU 2013
- Avenue Road Gallery, Dublin
- Gala Event organised by ' Femme d'Europe', celebrating the Irish
Presidency of the EU
- Russell Gallery, Co. Clare, 'Burren in Bloom Exhibition'.
- Hunt Museum Christmas Art and craft Expo
- Millcove gallery, Co. Cork (open submission competition)
- Chelsea International Art competition, New York, (winning entrant)
- St. John’s international Art Exhibition, Waterloo, Belgium-group exhibition
- AWCB, Brussels - Solo exhibition.
- Green Door Studio gallery, Brussels - group exhibition
- Birr Arts festival, Birr, Co. Offaly- group exhibition
- Europol Art and Craft Expo, Brussels
- Leuven Institute, Leuven - ‘Culture night’ linked with Temple Bar Cultural Trust, Dublin
- Artefacto.be, ‘Art on the Waterfront’, Ghent
- Expart gallery, Brussels ‘Landlines’ – Joint exhibition with Helen Tyrrell
- BAAF 2010 (Brussels Accessible Art Fair)
- St. John’s International Art Exhibition, Waterloo, Belgium- group exhibition
- EESC (EU) ‘Diversity in Unity ‘Exhibition, Brussels, Belgium
- BAAF 2009 (Brussels Accessible Art Fair)
- St John’s International Art Exhibition, Waterloo, Belgium – group exhibition
- BAAF 2008 (Brussels Accessible Art Fair)
- “HIDE” – Davern & Bell Gallery, Limerick, Ireland. Joint exhibition with ceramic artist Thomas Wollen
- “Art in Unusual Places” exhibition and Nenagh Art Trail with North Tipperary Arts Office
- “IN SIGHT”, Nenagh Town Civic Offices, Nenagh, Co Tipperary, Ireland
- “Art in Unusual Places” exhibition, Nenagh, Co Tipperary, with North Tipperary Arts Office
- Master of Education (Hons) in Fine Art with Digital Media.
- 1st Honours Degree in Fine Art Painting, GMIT, Galway, Ireland